December 12, 2015
DECEMBER 2015 COGSWELL FAMILY ASSOCIATION MONTHLY BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Meeting called to order by Howard Cogswell at 2:09 EST
The following people were in attendance:
• Howard Cogswell
• Katie Sanders
• Jack Cogswell
• Roger Bohn
• Ed Cogswell
• Elli Gassert
• Denis Cogswell
• Connor Cogswell
• Richard Ziegler
• Bruce O’Conner
• Don Cogswell
• Pat Cogswell
• Tim Sanders
• Edmond Cogswell
• Brian Cogswell
• Marc Mandercheid
Opening Prayer – Elli
November Meeting Review – an overview of the November BOD Meeting was given by Ed, and the meeting minutes accepted.
Technical Protocols for the CFA Website Reviewed – Pat reviewed the ‘protocols’ document that she had sent out earlier. There were no significant issues raised.
New Webmaster – Pat Cogswell was proposed as the new webmaster of the http://www.cogswell.org CFA website, and it was seconded and voted in by the BOD’s.
Changing Servers? – We discussed the proposal to leave the CFA website server we currently have (managed by Steve Aberle) and move to a service in the Pacific Northwest. Some asked what the benefit is to changing servers. A comparison list needs to be developed that shows the differences (and costs) for what we have versus what we will gain. This action item was given to Katie and Pat (Action Item #1), and they will report back with their findings.
BOD Addition – Denis resigned his position as a BOD to open up a position for Kiernan Sanders. Kiernan was then nominated and accepted as a CFA BOD. Denis and Katie were given the Action Item to update the Courier and the Webpage. (Action Item #2)
CFA Treasurer Discussion:
• Katie is the CFA Treasurer and Jack (our previous Treasurer) is her current back-up.
• There is no current ‘budget’ that the CFA follows annually.
• Where are our current bank accounts and what agreements are in place to gain access to these accounts if Katie or Jack are incapacitated?
• Our current bank is Citizens Bank in Needham, MA
• Jack, Katie and Connor were given the assignment (Action Item #3) to determine what the current agreement is with Citizens Bank and how we can gain access to the money if Katie or Jack can’t.
• There is also the requirement for periodic auditing of our finances, but this was not addressed.
• The CFA Financial Report will be printed in the next Courier (in 2016).
• Plaques to be designed and made to thank Malcolm for this years as the Editor of The Courier and also for Roger’s service as our CFA President.
1. Action Item #1 – Write up a comparison list needs to be developed that shows the differences (and costs) for what we have versus what we will gain. (Pat and Katie)
2. Action Item #2 – Revise the Courier and the webpage to reflect that Bruce Cogswell has replaced Ed Cogswell as a BOD, and that Kierman Sanders has replace Denis Cogswell as a BOD. (Pat and Denis)
3. Action Item #3 – Determine what the current agreement is with Citizens Bank and how we can gain access to the money if Katie or Jack can’t. (Connor, Katie and Jack)
The meeting came to a close at approximately 3:45 EST.
The next meeting is scheduled for Sat., January 9th at the same time (2 PM EST).